Make Your Ceiling More Interesting
Make Your Ceiling More Interesting – The ceiling of a house is one of the biggest parts, but unfortunately it is not very visible. Therefore, not many people looked at ways to decorate it earlier. However, with newer interior decoration themes and ideas, more and more people are coming up with unique ways to decorate the ceilings of their house. Decorating the ceilings has several advantages, and are not just change the aesthetics of the wall. Here are some simple ways in which you can decorate the interior of a ceiling.
Playing with ceiling shape which aligned with the concept of building design will create the impression of space which is not monotonous. This concern becomes attention for many people when they got bored with the conventional form of flat ceiling.
Ceiling shape is basically influenced by several factors such as the concept of building design, space interior, ceiling materials to be used, the elevation of ceiling height and size of space that will be shaded by ceiling. To help you in choosing ceiling, you should first determine the basic form.
In general, there are three basic forms of ceiling:
1. Follow the shape of roof truss. For this form, the space below the ceiling looks more spacious. There are two types of this form, namely Cathedral (for triangles roof truss) and Shed (for sloping roof).
2. Dome. Dome ceiling gives accent for curved ceiling with murals. This form gives the impression of a house that is not geometric.
3. Flat or suspended. This ceiling form has hanging frame or attach the lid material. This form is usually knows as conventional ceiling. It is already heavily modified into a form or a curved ceiling rise.
From the basic forms of ceiling you can create your own form with cover material. There are several ceiling covering materials such as bamboo, wood, gypsum, glass and glass fiber reinforced cement (GRC).
1. Gypsum or GRC should be installed with crossed system such as brick wall installation to minimize the occurrence of crack on the connection.
2. Glass ceiling can enter light and heat in a number of very large so it can reduce artificial lighting. Glass can also be a room accent. It better if uses tampered glass with thickness of at least 10 mm. Installation of the glass ceiling requires a strong frame on all sides so the glass wedged strong and not moving.
3. Fabric ceiling can strengthen the space atmosphere in the house for example to get a warm atmosphere. This material can also be used when your house space is too high so the space atmosphere becomes more comfortable.
4. Wood ceiling. With good processing, wood ceiling can be a beautiful and exotic decoration if the wooden horse exposed has finished properly. With this form, ceiling cover is placed between the exposed frame and roof by bolted to the roof frame and neatly finished. Wood which used for ceiling has to free of termites so it not easily porous and has been roasted properly so it not easily expand or shrink when exposed by heat or rain. You can use teak or resin wood.
False ceilings are a popular way to change the look and feel of a ceiling, and make it stronger and sturdier too. You can apply the façade to either a part of the ceiling or the entire ceiling too. Mostly, Plaster of Paris is used to make false ceilings, and you can actually unleash your creativity while making the false ceiling. Whether you want some intricate design, or some letters and words on the ceiling, anything and everything is possible with false ceilings.
With ceilings, you can also paint them with a design rather than keep it bland and very stark. Of course, you have a variety of options here too, and you should check what kind of design or color would be a better match to your home. Whether it is a scene from your favorite movie or a mural that you always wanted in your house, the ceiling gives you the biggest canvas for your favorite piece of art.
Ceiling color affects the room atmosphere. Therefore, if your ceiling is low, you should use bright colors so it did not feel cramped. You can use white or other soft colors. You can choose the same color as the wall color. However, if your ceiling is high, you should use a dark color so your ceiling will seem lower.