An indoor garden could be the best way to make your interior and room look more beautiful, cozy and fresh. Indoor gardening does not only make your room decoration beautiful but gives a cleaner air as well. People who live in apartments can also have beautiful indoor garden. You can use your patio or balcony to have an indoor garden where you can relax and enjoy greenery in a concrete city! If you want to be surrounded by lush greenery all year round and don’t have enough space outdoors, you can create an indoor garden. Whether you want to grow foliage, vegetables, or both, you will find indoor gardening tips to be helpful. The internet is filled with guides on indoor plants and gardens, so you need to do a bit of research before getting started. It’s important that you have the information needed for growing house plants successfully.
Make sure they get enough light. If they don’t get enough light every single day, they will become weak and frail. Even if your home or office doesn’t get enough sunlight, you can buy artificial light bulbs or lamps. You can also choose plants that will grow well in environments with low lights. Give your plants a bath. Seriously. You don’t have to do so every day, but it’s a good idea to do so on a regular basis. Make sure that there is no grime or dust on the leaves or stems. Clean every spot on the plant, including the underside of each leaf.
• Be careful with the type of soil you use. Outdoor soil can contain pesticides or weeds that can be harmful to indoor plants. Use a special type of soil designed for indoor containers and pots. It’s generally cleaner than outside soil.
• Don’t forget to add holes to the bottom of the container! Of course, you can purchase pots with holes at the bottom, but if you want to use a plastic container, you might have to make your own. Without drainage holes, the water will collect in the pot, which will cause damage to the roots.
• Some of the best indoor gardening tips concern watering. Water is essential for a plant’s growth. Some need more than others, but they all need a fair amount on a daily basis. You should always use room temperature water. However, you shouldn’t use TOO much of it, or that will harm your plants as well. Make sure you give them enough water, but not too much.
• Fertilization is also important. Water will flush out some of the soil’s nutrients, so you will have to add some more. Many people choose to spray a liquid fertilizer in their plants’ regularly. Keep track of how often you fertilize each plant so that you don’t overdo it.
These are just some of the most helpful indoor gardening tips you need to consider whenever you grow plants in your home or office. Keep these in mind, do additional research if you have to, and your plants will grow successfully!
Some indoor gardening design ideas are listed below and you can use them along with your own creativity:
– An indoor garden means you do not have the option to work with the height or the width. Use the available space to hang beautiful flowers from an overhang. You can also place hooks to hang pots. You can find beautiful ivy and flowering plants especially meant for hanging.
– Use your patio to place pots. However, given the space constraints, do not overcrowd the space. You can also enhance your indoor garden by place wrought iron chairs and table and border the space with potted plants.
– If you want, you can get tall plant holders and fill them with flowers and greenery. These can be placed in your patio, balcony or even in the living room. If you want, you can holders of different heights to give a tiered look. The tiered look is the best suited for colorful flowers.
– An indoor garden is incomplete without a fountain. You can easily purchase a small one which is battery operated. You can place your fountain amid the potted plants.
You can create an indoor garden even in a small space. You do not need acres and acres of land to have a beautiful garden. Use the above mentioned indoor gardening design ideas to add beautiful greenery and serenity to your home.