According to the ancient art and science of Feng Shui, your bedroom has a significant impact on your health and well-being. It’s important that you feel cozy and relaxed in the space. Create comfort by personalizing the space with your favorite things. When you invest in creating a comfortable bedroom you’ll be better able to deal with daily stressors. A good feng shui bedroom is a bedroom that invites you, lures you in, excites and calms at the same time. A good feng shui bedroom is fun and pleasurable to be in, either you are there for a quick nap, a good night sleep or to make passionate love!
Ten Ideas for Creating a More Comfortable Bedroom
1. Pets are comforting and warm to sleep with – they can help you relax.
2. To create a feeling of warmth, add accessories in fire colors. Fire colors are red, purple, orange, and pink. Use at least three items of the same color in the room to ensure harmony.
3. As you get into and out of your bed, you should step on a soft, warm floor. If your floor is cold and hard, place a soft area rug under the bed or on each side of the bed.
4. Use different types of lighting in the bedroom to create a tranquil mood. It’s practical to have one overhead light to use when you need to light up the whole room, but don’t use it on a nightly basis. Place a three-way reading lamp on each side of the bed. If you can find lamps that have the switch on the base of the lamp they’ll be a lot easier to turn on and off from bed.
5. A favorite scented candle can help you relax. And Himalyan Salt Lamps add a warm glow.
6. To create a cocoon-like protected feeling hang drapery panels on each side of your windows in a sumptuous material like Dupioni Silk or Velvet. (You can add panels even if you already have Roman Shades or blinds).
7. Personlize your space by creating an altar or a sacred space. You can create an altar with things you value. It can be a spiritual space or a place to create your intentions such as being in a healthy relationship or in a healthy body. If you don’t have room for another flat surface in the room, create it on your wall!
8. Have a “comfort” basket or drawer next to your bed that’s filled with things that relax you. An inspirational book, a shell from your favorite beach, moisturizer, a pad and a pen, and a relaxing CD can be included.
9. Always have an extra blanket on the foot of your bed. You don’t have to use it, but it helps give you a grounded feeling and you’ll be better able to relax.
10. Put photos of you and your partner in the bedroom. Friends and family photos can be displayed in other areas of your home.