Christmas Home Decorating Ideas For An Unique & Festive Atmosphere – Decorating your home for the holidays does not need be stressful or expensive. Being one of the most popular times of the year to decorate, get your family involved and have fun making your home beautiful for the holiday season. Christmas decorating is a great time to create traditions and spend quality time with your family. Get out some snacks and drinks and create a little decorating ‘party’ that you’re family will love and look forward to year after year.
Here are 15 Christmas decorating ideas:
1. Display your favorite Christmas collections. If you don’t have a collection, now is a great time to start!
2. Make simple bows out of Christmas ribbons and attach them to your curtains with pins. This is a very charming look.
3. Decorate your house plants by hanging small Christmas ornaments on them.
4. Place a collection of Christmas toys on your coffee table.
5. Fill a glass bowl with pine cones and Christmas balls and place on a shelf or table.
6. Wrap your staircase banister with indoor Christmas lights, garland, and bows.
7. To add scent throughout your home, tie 5 or 6 cinnamon sticks together in a bundle using Christmas ribbon. Make as many bundles as you wish and place around your home in baskets or bowls, or put them on your Chrismas tree.
8. To decorate your table, tie Christmas ribbon to the stems of glasses and/or handles of cutlery.
9. To dress up your chairs, tie Christmas bows around the chair so that the bow is on the back of the chair.
10. Using a small brush or q-tip, paint the edges of pine cones with glittery gold craft paint. After the pine cones dry, place them in a decorative basket.
11. Add Christmas garland to door frames, window frames and mirrors. You can use tape to secure the garland to the surfaces.
12. Tie bows around door knobs using festive and colorful Christmas ribbon.
13. Attach garland and Christmas bows to your chandelier. You can also weave strings of red beads in the garland that will dangle down from your chandelier and reflect the light, which will add sparkle. It’s a great decor for festive dining room.
14. If you live in a milder climate, consider decorating with Amaryllis plants. These beautiful plants come in red and white, grow tall, and provide a very elegant look.
15. Don’t forget to decorate your fireplace mantel and hang your Christmas stockings. A few fireplace mantel decorating ideas are adding garland, different styles and sizes of Santas, teddy bears and candles. You can also display your favorite nativity scene if you have a large enough mantel.
Be creative with your fireplace mantel because most mantels are the focal point during the holiday season. Another Christmas decorating idea for your mantel is to purchase a bunch of miniature red paper trees shaped like Christmas trees, add mini ornaments to them and line them up across your mantel.