Boost Your Creativity In The Home Office
Boost Your Creativity In The Home Office – Many of us today work at home, at least part of the time. Putting some time and effort into your home office design can boost your creativity and productivity.
Whether you need a full-time office to run your freelancing or real estate business, or an efficient corner to pay bills or do your hobby, answer emails and lay out the family schedules, these home office design ideas will help you plan and create spaces that stimulate productivity, enhance creativity and allow you to work in your pajamas.
– Don’t have a spare room? What about an underused attic or basement?
– Use a stairway or bank of cabinets to divide the space so that storage area can be separated from working space.
– Bring in natural light with skylights in attics and with below grade windows with exterior window wells for basements.
– A light, neutral color palette can make a smaller space feel less cramped.
– Small scale minimalist furnishings can also play up the distinctiveness of a ‘found’ space.
Work inspired home office design style
When it comes to imparting your style to your home office design, look to the work you do for inspiration.
Are you a caterer…a website designer…a landscape architect?
How about the converted mudroom behind your working kitchen? Hanging framed prints of clients’ homepages above your desk? Letting client presentations and botanical reference books add to the ambiance of your design?
If you bring your work home a couple days each week, consider creating a home office in a seldom used guest bedroom, one end of a large family room or a master bedroom alcove.
The secret here is to delineate the space with area rugs, spot lighting and furniture groupings for working meetings. Again, you can use a piece of furniture, like an entertainment center or hutch, to separate your home office in a shared space.
Finally, remember to keep the home in your home office design. Extend the personality you’ve infused into your unique interior design style through to your home office.
Taking time with home office design will give you a soothing, harmonious working space where you can do your best and realize your highest potential.