Are You Ready For Living Room Makeover? There are numerous reasons why someone wants to have a living room makeover. You might be expecting important guests coming for the holidays or there might be an important occasion you want to celebrate in your home. Or you are just simply ready for a change or a new look for your living room.
Whatever reason you may have, you must consider that a living room makeover is a demanding task. You have to have the basic planning skill and be creative enough to come up with ideas that are both economical and stylish. Here are a few tips you can consider so you can begin with your decorating task right away.
1. Determine the damages in your living room. This is the first step to change the whole outlook of the room. Hide worn out upholstered furniture by using slipcovers. If the furniture still looks that it is sagging even after the slipcovers were put on, try putting a board under the pillows and place padding on the much needed areas so it will not appear worn out. If other furniture like a side table is broken, then have it fixed. If there are some pieces which cannot be repaired anymore, you should just probably replace them. Another way of fixing the other pieces of furniture is to paint or add tiles on the flat surfaces.
2. If you are lucky enough to have a high ceiling, invest in large wall hangings. Place these above a bed or sofa to achieve its maximum effect. This is a great way to fill up a plain, flat wall space and create a touch of creativity in the whole area. These iron pieces will add dimension, depth and interesting detail to any room.
3. Create a mood or certain atmosphere for your living room to instantly change its feel. This can be achieved by softening light features or installing light dimmers. Paintings and art pieces can also enhance the mood you want to produce. The larger the piece of art you incorporate into the room, the bigger impact it will have on its unique presentation. A candle is a delicate way of changing the smell and feel of any room. Buy candles that have relaxing scents.
4. A color scheme for your living room can radically liven up a boring room. Pick out a specific color you like and purchase ornaments and accents that coordinates with the whole look of your living room. This can be done by purchasing throw pillows or new curtain panels with similar hues to the basic color scheme.
5. You can also harmonize the different pieces in your living room by decorating according to the season. During the summer, for instance, blue, turquoise and green can be your primary colors while you can enhance summer colors by using accessories in hues of yellow or white.
You need not make drastic changes in order to change the look of your living room. Adding color and a little bit of imagination is all it takes to make it cozier or sophisticated for your taste. Choose colors that suit your personality and lifestyle. Be bold and add art pieces like large wall hangings to create personality to your living room. Incorporating these ideas will definitely make you living room looking brand new.