You’ve done most of the decorating in your home, but now you want to take it up a notch. One of the best ways to improve the overall look of a room is to post some art in it. High-end art will instantly add elegance to a room, not to mention it can make for an interesting conversation piece.
For tips on how to maximize the effect of high-end art in any room in the house, read and follow the tips below.
- Consider the size of the room where you will place the art – if you are still contemplating on the art that you will buy, then you need to observe first the room where you will place it. What is the size of the room? Where in the room will you be placing the art? If the room is big and spacious, it might not be a good idea to invest in smaller art pieces as they may not be able to create a big impact, and if the art you buy is too big for the room, it might overwhelm the look of the room.
- Choose an art piece that will complement the color palette of the room – some homeowners base the color palette on a painting first then go from there. But if the room has already been painted, then check the color motif and make sure whatever art you will place there will complement the look of the room and not clash with it. Even if your room is designed in a classical way, but the art you want is abstract, if you make sure that the colors will blend well, mixing contemporary art with classic furniture will not look odd at all.
- Opt for an artwork that will show your interest and personality – don’t just choose high-end art just for the sake of buying high-end art. Art is an expression of oneself, so even if you don’t know how to paint, sculpt etc, you still want to be able to express yourself in the art that you choose. It would be a great idea to know more about the artists whose art you are interested in buying to know more about their thought process and see if it resonates with you. Some artists, like James Picard, wishes to not only create art that inspires but also art that can make a difference in the world.
- If you’re opting to hang several pieces together, make sure to plan the layout – if you decide to invest in smaller art pieces instead of one big one, make sure to plan the layout carefully. Try several ways of putting the art together to see which arrangement will be the best before you put them on the wall.
- Don’t forget to frame your art nicely – even if you buy expensive art, if you only use a cheap frame for it, it might not create much impact. When setting aside a budget for buying art, make sure you factor in what the cost of framing it will be.